CrushShaper is a new bitcrushing plugin by Cableguys that I’ve had great fun using recently. Bitcrushing can be used in a variety of ways. From adding subtle character to more extreme and destructive effects. There’s a lot you can achieve with a plugin like this.
I’ll show you a few tricks like adding movement and character to basslines or other sounds. Also, I’ll use the plugin to make the drums brighter, give them a little crunch. This can be done with other sounds and works really well with vocals.
At the same time, I’ll show you some of the features of CrushShaper that make it stand out compared to other bitcrushing plugins.
More information about this plugin from Cableguys can be found under the video.
CrushShaper puts 3 distinct bitcrushing styles at your full control: ‘Crunch’ for fuzz, grind and grit. ‘Bits’ to reduce audio resolution, going 8-bit and beyond. ‘Resample’ for digital overtones and lo-fi retro sound. Animate each with its own custom LFO and envelope follower, then filter and layer with the dry signal using the handy ‘FX Mix’ section. For creative production and sound design, use CrushShaper to craft crunchy lo-fi melodies and retro videogame FX. Create ‘talking’ robot synths, gnarly speaker-rattling bass growls and old-school downsampled drums. Transform even the plainest loops into inspirational track-starting rhythms to fuel your next track! For mixing, deploy CrushShaper as a laser-targeted multiband tool: crush individual hits and frequency ranges in a loop, add treble sizzle and shine to vocals and hi-hats, rough up the lows in a bass, dynamically distort drum transients, and so much more.
● Combine 3 distinct bitcrushing styles: ‘Crunch’ for fuzz, grind and grit. ‘Bits’ to reduce audio resolution, going 8-bit and beyond. ‘Resample’ for digital overtones and lo-fi retro sound.
● LFOs that you design from smoothly gliding sample rate reduction to intense stepped distortion patterns. Any pattern or wave shape you can imagine is just clicks away with Cableguys’ famous wave-editing tools.
● Designing the perfect bitcrushing LFO is fast and simple with three powerful,easy-to-grasp Pens. Draw crisp lines, smooth arcs and flowing S-curves. Easily pick out single hits in a loop, and rapidly sketch wild rhythmic sequences.
● Discover dynamic bitcrushing that reacts to your beats, loops, melodies – anything. Use CrushShaper’s flexible envelope followers to reduce the sample rate with the transient of each note. Lower the bit-depth as synths grow louder.
● With up to three bands of highly targeted bitcrushing, CrushShaper becomes an incredible mix tool and an even crazier creative playground. Add sizzling top-end air for ultra-modern sounds that leap from the mix. Rhythmise midrange with percolating bit patterns. Grind the bass with gnarly resampling.
● Get inspired with dozens of LFO wave presets, and share patches with others via the syncable Cableguys Preset Cloud. Up your workflow with 1-click Quick Presets for production essentials. Just add the plugin, click and create.
CrushShaper runs in Cableguys’ new ShaperBox 2 multi-effects plugin and can be bought on its own or as part of the ShaperBox 2 Bundle that contains six powerful Cableguys Shapers. For those who already own ShaperBox 2 Bundle, CrushShaperis a free download.